Total of teams
Total of athletes
Almost 1/3 were Firebreathers
The purpose of the Team CHallenge is to:
- Encourage and develop the CrossFit sense of community within each Affiliate and within Switzerland.
- To promote greater fitness through competition and rivalry between teams within each Affiliate and within Switzerland.
- To allow for and encourage participation of athletes from all levels of fitness and not just the ‘elite’.
- To hold a Team CHallenge on a regular basis, at least once per year.
The rules of the Team CHallenge are as follows:
- Teams are limited to 4 people.
- Teams must have at least 1 male and 1 female.
- Team members can be changed up to 24 hours prior to the competition.
- No substitutions may be made beyond that time.
- Absolutely no substitutions are to be made between or during the competition events.
- Team members must be formed from current Affiliate members or trainers.
- Each Affiliate can enter as many teams as they desire as long as the above are respected.
- There should be no more than 1 male CrossFit Games Regional competitor and 1 female CrossFit Games Regional competitor per team.
- The competition will take place at a time convenient to each Affiliate.
- The competition will be held within each Affiliate’s locale or at a location of their choosing.
- There will be three levels of competition: “Fire Breathers” , “Regulars” and “Rookies”.
- The “Regulars” and “Rookies” competition will be scaled to accommodate the largest number of participants as possible. Rookie is for people that are new to CrossFit.
- The “Firebreathers” category is designed to challenge the fittest athletes.
- The competition results will be posted live by each participating Affiliate to an online scoring system.
- The competition WODs should be as inclusive as possible.
- The competition WODs should not require equipment that is not readily available at other participating Affiliates within Switzerland.
- The competition WODs will have strict standards for range of motion that will be published before the events.
- Each Affiliate will be responsible for ensuring range of motion standards are met.
- The competition WODs will remain confidential and only announced 1-2 weeks before the event.
- The competition WODs will be scored on a points per place basis.